A person who is guilty of patent infringement either used, sold, offered to sell, or made a similar invention without proper permission from the patent owner. New and innovative inventions are developed each and every day and many people tend to steal these exceptional ideas and use them for their own benefit.
If you are a victim of patent infringement and need legal aid to help you fight back against the individual or company who has stolen your idea in which you put in the time and work to develop, we can help you. We work closely with dedicated and reputable patent lawyers in cities all across the state of Oklahoma and we would be more than happy to get you connected with one.
Are you guilty of patent infringement or being accused of committing the act?
Perhaps you have been accused of patent infringement but have the proof to back up your ideas for your invention. Are you facing a lawsuit from another company or individual who is claiming that your ideas are actually theirs? If you are dealing with this particular circumstance, you are going to want to speak with a licensed and skilled patent attorney in Oklahoma. USAttorneys.com can get you connected with a legal professional right now.
You can be accused of infringing on a patent if you:
- Import items into the U.S. that are made by a method that is already patented.
- Encouraging others to infringe on a patent.
- Supplying or importing components of a patented invention and using it as your own.
What can you expect to occur when accused of infringing on a patent?
According to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), if an inventor files suit against you for patent infringement, the court can either (1) order you to pay monetary damages and/or stop infringing or, (2) rule that you did not infringe on someone else’s invention.
A court may find you are not guilty of patent infringement when:
- You do not need a license to the patent because you are not practicing the invention.
- One or more of the patent claims are invalid.
- There are other explanations as to why the owner of the patent cannot prevail against you.
- If the court can find proof that your invention was created and has a prior patent, was displayed in a book, magazine, newspaper, television show, movie, webpage, or other published work before the patent owner created their own invention.
- The claimed invention was put up for sale in the original country it was developed or was revealed to the public more than one year before the application for the patent was filed.
Hundreds and thousands of products, ideas, and inventions are brought into this world each day and it can become a tedious and complex process to prove someone is guilty of patent infringement. If you are facing this current accusation or are looking to hold someone accountable for the illegal act, USAttorneys is the place for you.
It can take a significant amount of time to find the right kind of patent and trademark lawyer in Oklahoma and that could mean more time that your product is being sold by someone who hasn’t been granted permission to do so. Therefore, rather than wasting your time scrolling through the endless options on the internet, let us take care of this for you. We feature top patent lawyers practicing all throughout Oklahoma who are capable and trained to help you.
Whether you are dealing with an issue or have questions about obtaining a patent, our OK trademark lawyers can assist you.