A US patent, if granted, provisions the patent holder the exclusive right to make, use, and sell the patented product for a period of 20 years from the date of the filing of the patent application.
This is imperative for innovators, artists, and creators of original works since it ensures that their inventions are protected from being counterfeited, used, or sold without their permission and for profit. However, the process of acquiring a patent is pretty extensive and time consuming.
If you need legal help in this area you are in the right place. We have the legal pros that can help you help yourself. You deserve to have your ideas and inventions protected. Without this system, no one would have the motivation to invent anything since there would be no reward.
Graft and deceit need to be cut out of our democracy or we become some 3rd rate nation. Our legal counselors on USAttorneys.com can also find out if someone has already beat you to the punch so you do not waste your time and resources.
The three types of patents in the US
The only source of patent rights in the US is the PTO: United States Patent and Trademark Office. They issue patents of three different classifications namely, utility patents, design patents, and plant patents.
- Utility patents – These are the most common type of patent issued. They serve to protect inventions that are mechanical, electrical, or chemical in nature. Therefore, most physically tangible inventions fall under this category and hence this happens to be the most common type of patent sought and issued in the United States.
- Design patents – As the name suggests, these patents protect design features, ornamental shapes of useful articles, art works, and even computer or mobile software and applications are protected by these types of patents.
- Plant patents – This is a comparatively rarer patent. They are meant to protect asexually produced plants.
Why you need legal professional help with your patent
As mentioned, the process of having your invention patented is by no means a walk in the park. There is a lot of research, ground work, and also an incredible amount of paperwork which goes into the mix.
The process is complex and time consuming, so much so that if you embark on the journey alone then you will find yourself overwhelmed and defeated (certainly most people will). This is not your element most likely, this is a legal game now.
A legal professional on the other hand will have extensive experience as he or she would have helped many other clients through the process and so will be familiar with what works effectively, what to do, and what not to do.
An attorney can help in all aspects of procuring a patent including preparation prior to procurement and management post procurement. Your will find legal pros with experience in various aspects of patents including but is not limited to:
- Design patent applications
- Utility patent applications
- Plant patent applications
- Patent application prosecution
- Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Patent management
- Patent assignments
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Freedom to operate opinions
We have an attorney for you!
If you have an invention that you want to protect, secure, and ensure that nobody else uses your idea or product for their own benefit without your permission then you need to act quickly and hire a reliable and sagacious Florida patent lawyer ASAP.
No one else is going to do this for you, well, probably not!
At USAttorneys.com, you can find outstanding and awesome legal professionals in the state and in your county with a few keystrokes on the interactive map of Florida on our site. You can also refer to the local lawyers’ directory on our home page for the contact details of many legal representatives.
If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to knock out the quick contact form so we can call you back and help you in this endeavor. Using the online chat box, you can also reach out to us. We need your phone number so we can call you back and help you secure a lawyer.
We know you want to see this through and to protect your invention. We know how hard you have worked and the challenges you have faced. Let’s make this right today! Call up a legal counselor now!